Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm feeling a lot better!


So I'm able to sit up in my bed and play without it hurting now! It's been that way for a couple days now. I didn't have fever pretty much all day Thursday and most of the day Friday! Hopefully, the antibiotics are working! I did have a little fever last night and today, but not too bad. Yesterday, the doctors took out the tube in my back going to my kidney because it must have came out from the right place in my kidney and wasn't doing anything, so I'm a lot more comfortable now. Plus, I don't have to worry about pulling on the tube when I try to move around. My tummy still isn't very hungry, but at least I'm eating a few strawberries or watermelon or jello here and there. Oh! I did eat some popcorn this morning around 2 a.m. Almost forgot about that! I stayed up really late last night! I didn't go to sleep until around 5 a.m., then the nurses came in around 7:30 and had to poke my arm to take a blood sample to see how my creatinine was doing. It went up a little today from the last two days (from 2.9 to 3.1), but I think the doctors expect it to fluctuate a little bit. I haven't used my pain medicine button very much over the last couple days because I've been feeling much better, except for this morning. My back wasn't hurting, but my side was! Really bad! But this afternoon I've felt tons better!

I've had lots of visitors! Yesterday, my sister Brailee and my Aunt Ashley came up to see me. Aunt Ashley brought me some silly string so that I can ambush the nurses when they try to pull back my covers. I really like it! I got my mommy, daddy, Brailee, Ashley, and pretty much anyone that came within range (that's silly string all over me and Brailee in the picture). It was really fun. Brailee made a really cool poster for me, and her and Aunt Tamara made a really warm blanket for me that has flames (one of my favorite designs!). My friend Richard came up to see me today and we played with legos. My other friends Zachary and Bradley came with their mommy Kristen today, too. Right now, my Grandma and Papa are here spending time with me and giving mommy and daddy a little break. I love seeing Grandma and Papa! They were really excited to see me sitting up and playing with toys, which made me (and them) happy!

It still doesn't look like I'm coming home within the next few days. But hopefully, my fever won't be coming back anymore, the pain will be gone for good, and my kidneys will start coming back around soon!! I'm ready to go back to school and play with my friends! Well that's all for now. I love reading your comments! I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Lexton

9 comments:

  1. Lexton,

    I am so glad you are feeling better. I love the picture of you and Brailee. Bet those nurses don't mind a bit when you get them with that silly string. We are all still praying for you and hope you get to go home soon.

    Love you lots,

    cousin Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thankful to hear you are feeling better, we have been praying for you nonstop here in Amarillo. Sounds like God's been listening to so many people! Noah and I can’t wait for the good news that you will be going home. We are ready to see some pictures of you getting to play outside away from the hospital! Keep it up Lexton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexton,
    We are so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Hopefully, you can go home soon. We know you are ready to see your friends at school and sleep in your own bed! Keep trying to eat more so that your strength will come back. We wish we were closer so that we could come visit you. You are on many prayer lists here, so know that many people are thinking of you and your Mom and Dad.
    Hugs and kisses! :)
    Aunt Judy and Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey buddy I knew if you used your Lexton Powers you feel better soon Blake and I love you and Miss you and wish we were there with you.

    Love you Aunt Bonnita and Blake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lexton,
    I am one of your Aunt Ashley's good friends and I remember you from when you were a tiny baby. You have been soooo...strong and I am so amazed what a warrior you have been. You are looking great in all your pictures and I have been praying my heart out for you and your family. I have 3 little girls and know how hard it must be to leave all your toys behind, but you will be with them soon. Well hang in there little buddy and stay strong, your mom and dad need you to be a mighty warrior till the end! Love, Christina Darnell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lexton, this is such good news!! I am so happy to hear that you are going the right way down the road to recovery. So many people here at your dad's work are so concerned about you and ask about you every day. We wish you a very speedy recovery and keep smiling!! I love your picture of you and you sister having fun playing with the silly string. I look forward to reading more about your progress. Get better right away!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lexton, I am so glad you are better. I had a really bad cold this last week so I didn't try and come see you. That would be awful for you to have a cold too!

    Love you bunches, Aunt Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lex its Ashley... I am so glad you are doing so much better!! I am ready for you to get well and come home. Jacob and I sure do love you. Next time I come up there I will bring you more silly string :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYYYYY!!!!! Im so glad your feeling better Lexton!! Everyone here in Amarillo has you in their thoughts. your an amazing kid and are going to do great things some day!! :)
    Your Friend

    ReplyDelete